Thursday, January 24, 2013

Quan Yin Gardens - and Chicks and Weeds

Why did I start this blog? Because today I discovered something that I really did not like - I was naive or possibly downright stupid when choosing the name chicksandweeds for sharing my chicken-gardening adventure on blogspot, facebook and chicksandweeds website. There were so many weeds and grasses here in the garden and I decided to make it a vegetable garden with the help of chickens ...hence chicks and weeds. But it seems to mean something very different for many people you'd not necessarily want to be linked to. This is too bad. I'll - I'll stick with it but decided to also start this blog because there is an aspect of the chicken gardening that is not only beyond organic, it goes far deeper and broader than that.

And maybe that does deserve a new blog - It is related to deeper realizing the immense suffering of sentient beings on this planet - as well as the unspeakable beauty, serenity and divinity of it. Quan Yin is a goddess of compassion who will also kick butt if needed.

So this is not meant to be a blog about aniaml activism or beautiful godesses and spa like gardens - but something for those who dare to open wide. It might at times show the suffering in images not for the faint of heart, it will show beauty and it is thought provoking. Some of the posts however are about HOW is this manifesting is this here tiny corner of the Univers in this here life with who I am.

Yes, I would like this garden to be so beautiful you would not want to leave - and this here is what I am struggling with:

Learning to carry the universe or be crushed by it. This phrase is from a longer paragraph quote I read somewhere ...and it jumped out because that is how I have been feeling for many months now.

So why did I start this blog - because - ... on some level I have been wanting to write about this all long - and it does not really fit onto the chicksandweeds facebook page or website, the how to pages. Those really are about chicken keeping, gardening, farmsteading, sustainable living and such. Here is where I can just talk about how chickens have changed my life - are changing my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment